Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions

(Going to lump these together because a LOT of quotes)

* Perspective is a key to not coming unglued.

* I can face things that are out of my control & not act out of control.

* If I know there is potential good hidden within each chaotic situation, I can loosen my grip on control.

* I like the thought of "impossible" being erased from my vocabulary.

* Forgiveness is mandatory - reconciliation is optional.

* Do not check in with the screaming demands of the world before you exchange whispers with God.

* Satan loves it when we do his work for him by dumping on each other.

* Choosing a gentle reply doesn't mean your weak;  it actually means you possess a rare & godly strength.

* Feelings are indicators - not dictators.

* The one who holds their tongue is the one who holds the power.

* When we operate according to God's word - we operate according to God's will.

* Am I trying to "prove" or "Improve"?  Prove I am right - or improve my relationship?

* Gratitude diffuses attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment