Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Travelers Gift


*I understand that God did not put in me the ability to make right decisions.  He did, however, put in me the ability to MAKE a decision & then MAKE IT RIGHT!"

*In the future, when I am tempted to ask the question, "Why me?", I will immediately counter with the answer, "Why not me?".  Challenges are gifts, opportunities to learn" - Harry Truman

*Adversity is preparation for greatness.  I will accept this preparation.  Why me?  Why not me?  I will be prepared for something great.  -H. Truman

*Jehovah moves mountains to create the opportunity of His choosing.  It is up to you to be ready to move yourself" -King Solomon

"...we are always & forever influenced by those with whom we associate"

"Guard your associations carefully.  Anytime you tolerate mediocrity in your choice of companions, you become more comfortable with mediocrity in your own life.  If a lazy man isnt an irritation to you, it is a sign that you have accepted slothfulness as a way of life" -King Solomon

"My past can never be changed, but I can change the future by changing my actions today"

"When faced with a decision, many people say they are waiting on God.  But I understand, in most cases, God is waiting on me!!!"

"Failure exists only for the person who quits.  I DO NOT QUIT"

"Poor is the man whose future depends on the opinion & permission of others.  Remember this, if you are afraid of criticism, you will die doing nothing!" -Christopher Columbus

"Success requires the emotional balance of a committed heart.  When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution.  The undecided heart searches for an escape" -C Columbus

"Our very lives are fashioned by choice.  First, we make choices... then our choices make us" -Anne Frank

"My smile is the most potent weapon I possess.  It has the strength to forge bonds, break ice, & calm storms.  I will use my smile constantly.  That particular display of a good attitude will tell others what I expect in return"

"A person who is depressed is spending too much time thinking about the way things are now & not enough time thinking about how he wants things to be" -Gabriel

"Times of calamtiy & distress have always been producers of the greatest men.  The hardest steel if produced from the hottest fire.  The brightest star shreds the darkest night" -Gabriel

"For many years, my greatest enemy has been myself.  Every mistake, every miscalcuation, every stumble I made has been replayed again & again in my mind.  Every broken promise, every day wasted, every goal not reached has compounded the disgust I feel for the lack of achievement in my life.  My dismay has developed a paralyzing grip.  When I disappoint myself, I respond with inaction & become more disappointed.  I realize today that it is impossible to fight an enemy living in my head.  By forgiving myself, I erase the doubts, fears, & frustrations that have kept my past in the present.  From this day forward, my history will cease to control my destiny.  I have forgiven myself.  My life has just begun"

"I know the outcome I desire.  I hold fast to my dreams.  I stay the course.  I do not quit.  I will persist without exception.  I will continue DESPITE exhaustion.
I acknowledge that most people quit when exhaustion sets in.  I am not "most people".  I am stronger than most people.  Average people accept exhaustion as a matter of course.  I DO NOT!  Average people compare themselves with other people.  That is why they are average.  I compare myself to my potential.  I am NOT average.  I see exhaustion as a precursor to victory!"

No comments:

Post a Comment